The BWC Women's Training Program is presented to prepare you for the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K. Our goal is to provide a fun, inexpensive and supportive workout, and to encourage women to embark on a lifelong program of fitness.
Training will start the week of April 28th 2014 and will conclude with the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K on June 22nd .
2014 Sites and Dates
For more information or to register online go to www.charmcityruntraining.com
- Lake Montebello in Baltimore City on Mondays – Starts Monday April 28th
- Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis on Mondays - Starts Monday April 28th
- Centennial Park in Ellicott City on Tuesday Nights – Starts Tuesday April 29th
- Goucher College Track in Towson on Tuesday Nights– Starts Tuesday April 29th
- Cedar Lane Park in Bel Air on Wednesday Nights - Starts Wednesday April 30th
- Westminster High School in Westminster on Wednesday Nights - starts Wednesday April 30th
- CCBC Catonsville Track in Catonsville on Thursday Nights – Starts May 1st
Looking forward to seeing you at training!!
About the Training
The training is broken into four groups, depending on your own goals and physical condition. Whether you have yet to start a walking program, or are a seasoned runner looking to improve your race time, one of our groups will be right for you. We offer groups for:
- Beginning Walkers
- Intermediate Walkers
- Beginning Runners
- Intermediate Runners
Each group has multiple coaches to lead your weekly training and provide guidance for the balance of the week. You do not need to participate in the Baltimore Women's Classic in order to join the training program (but we encourage you to!) Register for the race here.
Our coaches will help you determine the best group for you. You are also welcome to change groups at any time during the program based on your progress or fitness level. There is a great deal of flexibility—you can alter the workouts to meet your needs—our coaches will help you find the right workout to achieve your personal running/walking goals.
Each week’s training session will be held from 6:30 – 7:30 pm and will include speakers on a variety of fitness-related topics, a warm-up session and a great workout. Participants also get a training program tee shirt at the end of the program if they attend 4 or more training sessions.